Tom Souvignier is a 2nd generation Auctioneer in his hometown of Canton SD.Tom Graduated from Canton High School and Dakota State College followed by the Missouri Auction School in Kansas City, MO in June 1977. He co-owned, operated and auctioned at the Canton Livestock Sales Co. until 1995 with his father Gaylon Souvignier a SDAA Hall of Fame Member) and Souvignier Real Estate and Auction Company.
Licenses include: Real Estate Auctioneer’s license and a Brokers Associate RE license with 605 Real Estate, Sioux Falls SD. Tom is active in auctioning Real Estate (Farmland, Residential & Commercial) and Personal Property Auctions including Farm Equipment, Antiques & Household. Tom also conducts many Personal Property appraisals as well as maintains a Red Angus commercial stock cow herd.
- 2017 SDAA Hall of Fame Inductee
- 2005/2006 President of the South Dakota Auctioneer Association.
- 2004/2005 Vice President of the SDAA
- Long Time member of the SDAA having served as Zone 6 Director several terms
- 2000 State Bid Calling Champion
- Member if the National Auctioneers Association
Ted Souvignier is the 3rd generation Auctioneer within the Souvignier Family. Ted completed his auctioneer training at the World Wide College of Auctioneering in Mason City, IA in November 2007. Ted also has a Real Estate Auctioneer’s license and a Broker Associate RE license within SD.
- 2019 State Bid Calling Champion
- Presently serving on the SDAA Board of Directors
- Turner County Fair Amateur (2008) and Professional Champion (2013)
Souvignier Real Estate and Auctions offer a complete auction service including computerized clerking software, live and on-line bidding, advertising expertise and web site hosting and pre-sale set-up. Contact either Tom or Ted for all you auction needs and put our years of experience to work for you.
Souvignier Real Estate & Auction
210 East Fifth Street Canton, SD 57013
Office: 605-987-2404 / Cell: 605-660-0421 or email: [email protected]
Office: 605-987-2404 / Cell: 605-660-3962 or email: [email protected]